problems with motion detector

WebCam Looker software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

problems with motion detector

Postby ruudboy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi all I'am a new user to the forum and a relatively new user to webcam looker !
I have a question that someone maybe able to help me with.When I use my webcam looker software as a motion detector video record.It operates fine but only records about 2 or 3 seconds of video .Is it possible for it to be activated by motion then record the following 5 mins approx and then again if motion detector activated after that.

I hope someone can help :lol:
ruudboy

Postby Administrator » Sat May 01, 2010 9:23 am

The video recording is writing in blocks of 4 hours length (note, you can change this setting from Settings->Archive dialog).
and it is stopping when there is _no motion_ anymore.
i.e. if you have a short motion and then nothing happens (== no motion) then in a few seconds it closes the block (as you have described in your message).
Also, you can increase PostRecording (on Motion settings dialog) to increase it upto 1 minute.

BUT, we do not see any reasons to record just almost static picture (without any motion).
May be you have too high motion sensitivity level? Let's try to decrease it a little to detect motion while it is happening before your camera...
Administrator
Site Admin

Return to WebCam Looker - General discussion