will this software work for me ?

WebCam Looker software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

will this software work for me ?

Postby billard » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:52 pm

I have a IP camera of high quality that has an interface that can be connected to & from inside network or remotely. It is accessed from any browser and has many advanced features to set alarm triggers, adjust, settings, video motion analysis, relays, recording schedule etc, the whole nine yards and more. It has an EMAIL feature that allows for (alarm events) ie motion, to be sent upon a motion event, terrific and that is what I am no after. (However), it seems to require me to have a (email server) on my PC or network ,to then accept that (event) which in turn would send me an email to the outside world for me to review !

Would this software replace that , and would it allow me to simply do what I want which is to made aware of trigger, ie motion events on my palm device OR email when events occur,

thank you
billard

Postby Administrator » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:31 pm

May be they mean you can use your email-provider's smtp server to send email?
If your ip camera can work with it, then possibly you do not need anything else. If not,
of cource, you can use WebCam Looker with your email provider to send alert emails, sms, etc.

You can configure Source (of URL-type) to grab real-time (for eample, jpeg) images from your ip-camera
and then on motion to send alerts to any destination you need, including email alerts, sms, etc.

Would you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Administrator
Site Admin

Return to WebCam Looker - General discussion