FTP File naming nomenclature settings?

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

FTP File naming nomenclature settings?

Postby Lisaweb » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:08 pm

I have set up the FTP module to name the files according to the following nomenclature:

MyIPCamera-N%#1-1000%.mp4

Which is naming them "MyIPCamera-N0001.mp4", "MyIPCamera-N0002.mp4" and so on....

My hope, is that once the file named "MyIPCamera-N1000.mp4" is created, the next file will be named "MyIPCamera-N0001.mp4", recreating the sequence again, overwriting the previously created files. This way I can leave my server unattended and not worry about it filling up the disk and subsequently crashing it one day.

Will Xeoma do this? Or will it simply stop when it creates the last file in the nomenclature, "MyIPCamera-N1000.mp4"? If it won't do this the way I currently have it set up, is there a different way I can set it up, so it will overwrite the previously created files, once it gets to the end of the nomenclature?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide! :-)
Lisaweb

Re: FTP File naming nomenclature settings?

Postby Admin_K » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:01 pm

If you upload files from the "FTP Upload" module on one Xeoma to the "FTP Receiver" on another Xeoma, then files will be overwritten according to the settings of Preview and Archive or Save to File modules, depending on which one you use.

If you use other software for FTP uploading (e.g. FileZilla), then files will be overwritten the way you want by Xeoma but we can not guarantee that the third-party software (server) will let it do that.
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion