How can I tag motion in the archive?

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

How can I tag motion in the archive?

Postby sjf » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:08 pm

Hello,

I have a webcam watching for wildlife. I would like to continuously record, but tag the archived video, when motion is detected. How can I do that?

Note I do not mean to 'search by motion' in the archive after the fact, which is a Pro Feature. I mean to have the server constantly monitor for motion using static settings in motion detector block, and archive everything, but tag the archive so I can jump to specific events.

How can I do this?

Kind regards,
SJ
sjf

Re: How can I tag motion in the archive?

Postby jrmymllr » Mon May 02, 2016 11:42 am

sjf Wrote:Hello,

I have a webcam watching for wildlife. I would like to continuously record, but tag the archived video, when motion is detected. How can I do that?

Note I do not mean to 'search by motion' in the archive after the fact, which is a Pro Feature. I mean to have the server constantly monitor for motion using static settings in motion detector block, and archive everything, but tag the archive so I can jump to specific events.

How can I do this?

Kind regards,
SJ

Search by motion is actually in the Standard version, as well as Pro. I think what you want is in the Motion Detector module. It's a checkbox in the upper left called "Continuous operation to enable search in the archive". I'm not aware of any other way to tag something.
jrmymllr

Re: How can I tag motion in the archive?

Postby Admin_V » Thu May 05, 2016 2:19 pm

we have already answered your question via email, however, maybe other users are interested in this question, so we post a reply here too.

Currently this can be done by adding two preview&archive destination filters into the camera chain - one after the motion detector and another - directly connect to the camera. Because in Archive viewer right/left arrows listing between cameras at the same time stamp you can easily switch between only motion detected and continues storage.
Soon we will add also a possibility to do this by one filter with continues and motion detected colors at the one time line.

NB
you can also find differences between xeoma lite/standard/pro in this table:
http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/articles ... comparison
Admin_V

Return to Xeoma - General discussion