Xeoma stealing the name of my external drive on startup

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Xeoma stealing the name of my external drive on startup

Postby ironhalo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi guys. I'm running Xeoma server on a Mac Pro (OS 10.10.5), in autostart mode. Attached to my Mac, I have an external thunderbolt RAID that mounts as a local drive during startup. It mounts to /Volumes/Media/. Upon initial configuration of Xeoma, things worked great. I was able to configure Xeoma to store the archives at /Volumes/Media/Xeoma/XeomaArchive/. Xeoma created and used the nested folders and video files successfully on the external drive.

However when I restart my computer, this is when the problem occurs. Apparently the Xeoma service is starting up faster than my Mac is mounting my external drive. So when Xeoma starts, it does not yet see the /Volumes/Media/ drive, so it creates its own FOLDER called "Media" in the /Volumes directory...and then auto-creates a new set of Archive folders within that new folder. Of course seconds later my computer mounts my external drive, but it is forced to use the name "Media 1", since the name "Media" has already been taken by the new folder Xeoma auto-created. Not only does this mean I'm not recording video to my external RAID as designed, it also causes many, many problems with other software as you can imagine...as my main media drive is no longer reachable at its proper location.

It appears the "Autostart settings" panel is Xeoma is capable of mounting drives during startup? The example given is only relevant to Windows users, but I tried entering "diskutil mount /dev/disk3s2" which is the correct OS X terminal command to mount my external RAID, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I have to delete the new "Media" folder Xeoma created under /Volumes, unmount my "Media 1" drive, then remount it under the proper /Volumes/Media/ name, but when I restart the problem happens all over again. Xeoma creates a /Volumes/Media/ folder before my RAID has a chance to be mounted, and then my RAID gets bumped to /Media 1/.

Does anyone know how to: 1) Prevent Xeoma from auto-creating it's own "Media" folder when it doesn't immediately see one? 2) Force Xeoma to wait a few seconds for the Media drive to be mounted? or 3) Force Xeoma to mount the Media drive before looking for the Archive directories?

If we can't have Xeoma recording to the external RAID that was purchased for it, that makes it totally unusable for us. Thanks in advance for any help.
ironhalo

Return to Xeoma - General discussion