Feature Request - Sync Camera feeds

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Feature Request - Sync Camera feeds

Postby dcbour » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:48 pm

As much as I love me Xeoma install, one thing it does that makes me crazy is the feeds from various cameras are out of sync.
At the front of my property, I have 3 cameras providing 180 degree view with each camera 60-120 degrees field of view. My old camera system would track the handoff so as it moved from one camera to the next, I simply changed my line of sight between cameras to watch an object, usually a vehicle.
On Xeoma, I see it exiting the exiting the right side of my right camera, before it appears entering the left side of the middle camera. The left camera has a wider field of view that totally overlaps the middle camera and it is the last to show it, often a couple of seconds after it has left the other two cameras.
Using IP cameras, I get there is a potential for sync issues but this is the worst I've encountered. Ideally, a sync process that I could run to line up the various cameras, even when the fov don't overlap but are adjacent. for instance, my side yard, when my dog walks from one view to another, today, she's often totally left the one camera and appears seconds later on the other one which is the view she actually crossed first. In this case, it's probably 5 seconds out of sync.
D
dcbour

Re: Feature Request - Sync Camera feeds

Postby Admin_P » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:45 am

Hello! If you are using version 17.8.31 or higher, access the "Universal camera" settings and uncheck the box Buffered video stream reading. If not, go Layouts menu -> Disable buffering on the client side.
If the problem persists, try viewing both cameras' streams simultaneously via VLC - does it look the same there?
Admin_P

Return to Xeoma - General discussion