Help with Hikvision

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Help with Hikvision

Postby jon4525 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:32 am

Hello, I am trying to add a Hikvison camera, model-DS2CD3145F-IS, I see it is not listed in the supported cameras page.
I have tried entering the user name and passwords in the relevant boxes and the camera address in the preview in the following format rtsp://xx.xxxx179.118:81/Streaming/channels/1/preview I have also tried entering the address in the URL field like so; rtsp://user:password@xx.xxxx179.118:81/Streaming/channels/1/preview
In the preview it flashes Rtsp saving video: connecting... then RTSP saving video: ERROR!
Could you please advise if I am making a mistake somewhere or if it really is unsupported. If so is there any linux compatible software you would recommend?

Many thanks
jon4525

Re: Help with Hikvision

Postby Admin_P » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:43 pm

Hello! If your server and the camera are located in different networks, please make sure to forward ONVIF port (usually 80 or 8080) and RTSP port (554). Additionally, we recommend checking the camera's admin page for security blocks (they turn on when a certain number of incorrect attempts for login/password is made) - if there is such a block, temporarily disable it.
If it's the same local network, '+' -> Simple search for local cameras should do the trick.
Admin_P

Return to Xeoma - General discussion