Record by HTTP Request and E-Mail

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Record by HTTP Request and E-Mail

Postby Flole » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Hello,

I am trying to configure Xeoma to send me an E-Mail after I send a request to the HTTP Switcher, containing the video from HTTP Switcher on to HTTP Switcher off. While the HTTP Switcher works fine with the Archive/Preview Module connected to it, the E-Mail Sender that is connected to it aswell doesn't E-Mail me. However, Notifications which are connected to the E-Mail module aswell are working perfectly.

Is there a way to figure out what is wrong here or why it is not working as I expect it to work?

Thanks for your help
Flole

Re: Record by HTTP Request and E-Mail

Postby XeoMax » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:32 am

I remember that there is a parameter into Email configuration, that doesn't care about input if the input stays on for a short period of time (maybe "time between messages".
Try to change this option or send an HTTP request using the "HTTP Switcher" with an "ON" command, then wait at least the "time between messages", then send the "OFF" command.
It should work.
XeoMax

Postby Admin_P » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Flole,
Hello! Do you have different filters connected to the same Sending Email module? If so, it would be better to split them with 2 such modules.
If you need the attached video to be of the same length as the interval between the switcher going ON and OFF, set Duration of video in the Sending Email settings to a value that is definitely too long (e.g. 12 hours). This way, when the switcher goes OFF, you'll get an e-mail with the video as long, as it got to at this point.
Admin_P

Postby Flole » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:29 pm

I changed it to a seperate E-Mail Module but still it is behaving weird. I am using an MJPEG Stream as a source and I am unable to attach a video to the E-Mail (not even MJPEG Video). However, pictures are working.
I also had to change the time to have multiple events counted as one to the maximum, otherwise I would get spammed by E-Mails. I want it to start recording when the switch turns on, and stop and send the E-Mail with a recording of that time once it turns off, but that doesnt work.
Flole

Postby Admin_P » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am

Flole,
You can send the file settings.dat at our e-mail - we'll be able to check the matter more thoroughly.
Admin_P

Postby Flole » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Is there a way to simply remove all sensitive information from that file, like email login credentials?
Flole

Postby Admin_P » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Yes, you can access Sending Email's settings, clear all boxes with sensitive data and hit Ok. Then make a copy of settings.dat. After that access the settings again and put everything back.
Admin_P

Postby Flole » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:34 pm

So I have to go through every single camera that's configured, remove the info (as well as camera login info) and put it back in afterwards? Thats a lot of work!
Flole

Postby Flole » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:11 pm

COuld you please confirm that I have to go through all the cameras and remove the sensitive info, then copy the config and put it back in afterwards?
Flole

Postby Admin_P » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Yes, that is correct.
Admin_P

Return to Xeoma - General discussion