Turning cameras on and off

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Turning cameras on and off

Postby Dan1001 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks for a brilliant piece of software.

Can I please ask a quick question? For privacy reasons we sometimes need to disable one of our cameras. Is there a way to do this using e.g. the HTTP switcher, so that when disabled the monitor isn't visible on the usual Xeoma client interface? Could this be done by selectively applying the crop filter?

many thanks

Dan
Dan1001

Re: Turning cameras on and off

Postby Admin_P » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:20 am

Hello! The easiest way to turn a camera off remotely is to use HTTP Switcher in the chain anywhere before Preview and Archive. If you use the command to disable the module - you will stop getting any image from it (the difference between 'off' and 'disable' is that the former will prevent Xeoma from archiving the footage, while still letting you see the real-time pucture; the latter will stop any footage from passing through this module, be it for real-time view or archiving).
Incidentally, you can turn cameras on and off depending on other cameras too - there is a module called Relay Switch that helps with that: https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/descrip ... lay_module
Admin_P

Postby Dan1001 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:37 am

That is brilliant, thank you. I initially didn't spot it was working, as the camera preview freezes at the last frame (rather than going blank). But that's perfect for my purposes.

Dan
Dan1001

Postby Admin_K » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:55 am

Dan1001 Wrote:That is brilliant, thank you. I initially didn't spot it was working, as the camera preview freezes at the last frame (rather than going blank). But that's perfect for my purposes.

Dan

Hi, feel free to contact us anytime via Skype, online chat or email, we'll gladly and quickly help!
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion