Issue with motion detect Xeoma Cloud

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Issue with motion detect Xeoma Cloud

Postby jon4525 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:23 am

I downloaded the trail version of Cloud yesterday, set up two cams and added a motion detect module. I noticed the cams were not recording even though I could clearly see motion, I lowered the sensitivity to 1 on both cams then enabled 'continuous operation' button on one and left the other unchecked as I wasn't sure if it should be checked or not. One cam(I can't remember which now) showed it was recording, I then closed the app. When I opened it and logged back into the cloud this morning neither cam had saved anything to the archive.
In the motion detect screen the current level is always at zero even when there is a large amount of motion. The streams are both RSTP, I know mjpeg is recommended for cloud but I don't believe this is possible for my cams. My operating system is Ubuntu 18.04, I'm not sure if this is something I am doing wrong at my end or if it is a bug. Could you please advise.
Regards.
jon4525

Re: Issue with motion detect Xeoma Cloud

Postby Admin_P » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:12 am

Hello! Xeoma Cloud has a restriction for H.264/H.265 preview streams - resolution up to 320×240 and bitrate up to 150 Kbps. You should see the relevant message in the Universal camera settings.
Since Motion Detector works with the preview stream, it won't be able to detect anything, if the restriction is exceeded.
Admin_P

Postby jon4525 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:30 am

Thanks for the reply, could you tell me how or if it is possible to find the mjpeg stream for a camera?
Shame this doesn't work with Rtsp, I was looking forward to getting cloud set up. Is there a reason you can't do this? Will something be implemented in the future?
jon4525

Postby Admin_P » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:45 am

Usually, if the camera is capable of streaming over MJPEG, you can assign this to a stream via the camera's admin page.
The restriction is necessary to keep the cloud server operational - H.264/H.265 streams require decoding, which consumes CPU resources.
Admin_P

Postby jon4525 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Okay, so eventually after playing about with settings I think I have it working. I couldn't get mjpeg to work but "/auto.jpg" works for the preview stream at 1 FPS, I left the h264 stream as RSTP and enabled "h.264 recording to archive without conversion" I also checked the "use h.264 stream in single camera mode" although I don't know if this was necessary.
Am I right in thinking this will now record motion higher than the set sensitivity picked up in the preview stream, at RSPT quality and FPS in the archive?
Thanks for your help, glad I didn't give up. Good service.

PS You may be aware but since the last update(I think) when you enter User and Password then click on another field or save the settings some of the characters from user or password disappear. Not the most serious bug ever but still annoying, this is on android and linux x64.
jon4525

Postby Admin_P » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:12 am

Yes, you are correct - the preview stream will be analyzed, but recordings will be kept with the archive stream's quality.
Some text fields do behave strangely, we are working on taming them right now.
Admin_P

Return to Xeoma - General discussion