Need help with archive folder/network path

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Need help with archive folder/network path

Postby mbaver » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:41 pm

I searched around and could not find an answer that provided the information that I need so here goes.

I have been running Xeoma (latest version) on Windows 10 for a while now.
I currently use the preview and archive module to save video files to a locally installed hard drive into the folder "d:\CamData\".
I currently write to a locally mirrored pair of 4 TB drives.

I am planning on expanding the number of cameras that I used from 8 to 16 all of which are 4MP so 4 TB of space is not going to enough for me to work with. I would like to move away from locally installed drives if possible.

I have an existing Netgear ReadyNAS that has plenty of storage. This NAS has SMB, NFS, FTP, etc capability.

I have tried everything that I could think of, and found on the site, in an attempt to start archiving the video to this NAS and I cannot get any of them to work.
Including mapping a Windows share as drive X and using "x:\CamData\" to save video, share is mapped with full permissions...doesn't work, error "failed to create directory..."
Including using "\\172.16.7.225\Data\CamData\", where Data is the name of the share and CamData is the highest directory"...doesn't work, won't save the directory name.
Including using "//172.16.7.225/Data/CamData/", where Data is the name of the share and CamData is the highest directory"...doesn't work, won't save the directory name.

I figure it is a stupid mistake on my part...but I am not very familiar with non-Windows operating systems and non-Windows mappings.

Any guidance would be great.

Thanks.

Mike
mbaver

Re: Need help with archive folder/network path

Postby Admin_P » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:35 am

Hello! The first way you described is the correct one:
mbaver Wrote:Including mapping a Windows share as drive X and using "x:\CamData\" to save video, share is mapped with full permissions...doesn't work, error "failed to create directory..."

Please check the permissions to the drive carefully, particularly for the user called system - when installed to autostart, Xeoma's server side runs under this user.
Admin_P

Postby mbaver » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Admin_P Wrote:Hello! The first way you described is the correct one:
mbaver Wrote:Including mapping a Windows share as drive X and using "x:\CamData\" to save video, share is mapped with full permissions...doesn't work, error "failed to create directory..."

Please check the permissions to the drive carefully, particularly for the user called system - when installed to autostart, Xeoma's server side runs under this user.

Could not figure out what the share permission issue is/was...so gave up on that.
I switched from volume/share to using iSCSI initator/target using a 10 terabyte LUN and everything is working correctly now.

Thanks for the help.

Mike
mbaver

Postby Admin_K » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:07 pm

mbaver Wrote:$2
Admin_P Wrote:Hello! The first way you described is the correct one:

Could not figure out what the share permission issue is/was...so gave up on that.
I switched from volume/share to using iSCSI initator/target using a 10 terabyte LUN and everything is working correctly now.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Hi, we're happy that it's working fine now.

Feel free to contact us anytime via Skype, online chat or email, we'll gladly and quickly help!
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion