License lost on every reboot

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

License lost on every reboot

Postby Flole » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Hello,

every time I reboot my server, I have to enter my license again. It does not happen when I simply restart the Xeoma process though. This is really annoying,is there any way to keep the license during a reboot?

Kind regards

Flole
Flole

Re: License lost on every reboot

Postby Admin_P » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Hello! There are 2 things to consider:

1. If it's a Virtual Machine
Locate the autostart script for Xeoma and set -startdelay value higher (e.g. 60). Then reboot your server.

2. If it's a physical server
Drop us a line via e-mail - you may need the beta-version to fix this.
Admin_P

Postby Flole » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Could the issue be that I am using LACP on that server and the bond0 interface takes some time to come online? Also bond interfaces don't have a static MAC Address, so if that is used for license check it will not work. I've tried changing the startdelay for now and I will see if that helps.
Flole

Postby Admin_K » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Flole Wrote:Could the issue be that I am using LACP on that server and the bond0 interface takes some time to come online? Also bond interfaces don't have a static MAC Address, so if that is used for license check it will not work. I've tried changing the startdelay for now and I will see if that helps.

Hi, please keep us informed if -startdelay helped. Please contact us and send us your email or license key, we'll check the log of the key and will be able to help!
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion