Replace a camera

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Replace a camera

Postby avalon66 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:00 pm

I want to replace a camera which has failed with a new one, but xeoma still says I have 4 after I deleted one. I clicked on the red cros and deleted the current camera chain, so I though I had only 3 cameras, but no still 4.

How do I actually replace a failed camera with a new one please.
avalon66

Re: Replace a camera

Postby XeoMax » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:29 pm

Hello
why you did delete the camera?
Just simply replace the URL of the "old" camera with the URL of the new one and you're done. :wink:
XeoMax

Postby avalon66 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:34 pm

I deleted the failed camera because it kept going off line and couldn't be found, no streaming etc etc.
I also removed the connection to that camera and added the connection to the new camera. I want to make sure it is working before I actually install it in place of the failed camera.

Ok where do I change the URL or IP address from the old camera to that of the new camera.

Thanks
avalon66

Postby XeoMax » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:45 am

Hello
you can read the Xeoma's user manual or simply modify it here:
Xeoma_18_10_9__Sta_Replace_a_camera.png
Xeoma_18_10_9__Sta_Replace_a_camera.png (171.22 KiB) Viewed 8503 times
XeoMax

Postby AnthonyLam » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:45 am

Is changing the IP address after switching to a new camera mandatory?
AnthonyLam

Postby XeoMax » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:54 pm

If the swapped camera is of the same model and has same IP address of the old camera, no.
XeoMax

Postby Admin_K » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:41 pm

AnthonyLam Wrote:Is changing the IP address after switching to a new camera mandatory?

Hello, if cameras have the same URL in their documentation, then yes. But you can simply run '+' - Search by ip/password and Xeoma will find your camera.
Admin_K

Postby Admin_K » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:44 pm

avalon66 Wrote:I deleted the failed camera because it kept going off line and couldn't be found, no streaming etc etc.
I also removed the connection to that camera and added the connection to the new camera. I want to make sure it is working before I actually install it in place of the failed camera.

Ok where do I change the URL or IP address from the old camera to that of the new camera.

Thanks

Hello, you'll need to paste necessary URLs in "Universal camera" module's settings, 1st for preview, 2nd for archive and 3rd for audio if needed.

URLs can be checked in VLC player (ctrl+N - paste URL - play) to make sure they are working fine.

But we recommend adding cameras via "+" - Search by ip/password.

Note that some modules for "Devices" list count as 'Sources" e.g. "File reading" or "Another Xeoma" etc.
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion