Added new camera, stream does not work

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Added new camera, stream does not work

Postby avalon66 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:41 pm

This follows on from my earlier post about replacing a camera.

Anyway I managed to get the new camera up in xeoma by ip address and password, and when I view all 4 cameras in a 2x2 view, there is a message on the new camera saying No connection: wrong IP or PORT. Also there is a warning message at the bottom of the view saying the stream for preview does not work! Continuous recording from the archive stream is currently engaged.

The Port is the same as for the other 3 cameras: port 80, and the IP address is correct. When I click on the new camera picture (black) it opens up in a quick settings page/window, and there is a picture or video of what the camera sees. Also the new Hikvision camera shows a preview or live view in IE, so it does work fine.
avalon66

Re: Added new camera, stream does not work

Postby avalon66 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:40 pm

I have checked the settings of the new Hikvision camera with those of an existing Hikvision camera, and changed them so that both cameras have the exact same settings

I have 2 Hikvision cameras that both work a treat, and never had any problems with them, but this new Hikvision camera does not seem to like streaming video in xeoma
avalon66

Postby avalon66 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:19 pm

I eventually got the said camera streang now, and it was just a quick job of assigning the ip address of the failed camera to the new Hikvision camera. And hey presto, it worked.

I'm still puzzled why it wouldn't stream with the original ip address I gave it.
avalon66

Postby Admin_K » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:26 am

avalon66 Wrote:This follows on from my earlier post about replacing a camera.

Anyway I managed to get the new camera up in xeoma by ip address and password, and when I view all 4 cameras in a 2x2 view, there is a message on the new camera saying No connection: wrong IP or PORT. Also there is a warning message at the bottom of the view saying the stream for preview does not work! Continuous recording from the archive stream is currently engaged.

The Port is the same as for the other 3 cameras: port 80, and the IP address is correct. When I click on the new camera picture (black) it opens up in a quick settings page/window, and there is a picture or video of what the camera sees. Also the new Hikvision camera shows a preview or live view in IE, so it does work fine.

You can check URL for preview (or, basically, any other URL) in VLC player (ctrl+N - paste URL - play) to make sure it's working fine. If it doesn't, you can try '+' - Search by ip/password in Xeoma, so Xeoma could find all URLs/streams that a camera provides. This way you'll be able to choose necessary URL from drop-down menu in 'Universal camera' module's settings.
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion