Broadcasting Live Video

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Broadcasting Live Video

Postby ConnorLegg » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:29 am

I have just recently started looking into surveillance software as part of a project that i am currently doing. i currently have multiple cameras connected to a computer via wireless antennas. i am wondering if it is possible in this software to be able to broadcast these cameras live so that other people may access them?

i have downloaded and am currently using the free version to attempt to get my head around the software and noticed that one option in the settings is the web server, would the clients that i want to be able to view the camera footage live need to buy a xeoma licence or would they be able to view the footage from all cameras for free?

any help with this matter would be much appreciated.
ConnorLegg

Re: Broadcasting Live Video

Postby skylord123 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Your license is for the server part of Xeoma. The client side is completely free. Each client just needs to install the Xeoma program on their device, enter the server IP and password, and they are good to go!

So you are correct. You buy the software for the server and then any one can connect and view the cameras if they have the IP and password.

I recommend using the app over the web client. The app is superior in speed.
skylord123

Return to Xeoma - General discussion