New version question

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

New version question

Postby avalon66 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:30 am

I see that a new version of xeoma is now available, and when I chose to download/install it, I am presented with a window which show 3 options.

Upgrade the program and give up commercial license
Purchase renewals
Activate additional licenses or renewals

I have a license for 4 cameras, so which option should I choose.

Thanks
avalon66

Re: New version question

Postby Admin_P » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:41 am

Hello! You may want to check the expiration dates for your license(s) via Main menu -> Information -> Active licenses
This message generally indicates that one or several of your licenses have passed their expiration date - they won't be able to work with the new version. There are 2 main ways out of this situation:
1) You can keep using the version you currently have installed without updating (licenses themselves are life-time, only their renewal periods can expire)
2) You can purchase a Renewal for your license: https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/buy/#renewal
Here you can find all the details on how licensing works: https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/buy/conditions/
Admin_P

Postby avalon66 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi and thanks for the reply.
I have now seen that for the license I have it shows as Free updates are available till 2018-09-17, so it is now well past that date.

I have just purchased a new updates for 3 years license, before I activate it , I am told to have the latest version first.
But when I go to information / check for updates, I have to activate my new license first???

Which should I do first then, Activate new license or install the new update.

Thanks
avalon66

Postby Admin_P » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:29 am

You should activate the renewal license first. After the activation is completed - update to the new version.
Admin_P

Return to Xeoma - General discussion