Certificate of the server is not trusted

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Certificate of the server is not trusted

Postby boblablah » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:30 pm

I have letsencrypt SSL offloading provided by my proxy protecting all down stream servers. I have numerous services all functioning with no issue.

However, when attempting to connect my android client to my Xemoa server the client application gives me the following error "Certificate of the server is not trusted". Initially during setup I was prompted by the client app to "trust" my certificate or not and I selected permanently trust it. I assume that something must have changed during my configuration and now the client won't accept the new cert because it is using an old one?? dunno? Where can I purge this accepted cert on the client so I can get the prompt to pop back up again?

Thanks
boblablah

Re: Certificate of the server is not trusted

Postby boblablah » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:43 pm

OK, here is what is happening:

My proxy front end is providing SSL offloading with letsencrypt certs. The problem is that Xeoma is ALSO trying to provide SSL/TLS using it's own certs. I need to disable the SSL capability on Xeoma so that my proxy front end can handle all of the encryption. I can't seem to find any setting to disable the SSL functionality.

-sslconnection [0/1/2] if 0 on the client – connect to server ignoring certificates; if 1 on the server – accept only secure connections from clients (to do that, generate and place the certificates into the Server and Client folders. See Xeoma folder > Security > Certificate > Readme.txt for details); if 2 on server or client – auto-detect certificates
boblablah

Re: Certificate of the server is not trusted

Postby Admin_P » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:56 pm

Hello! You may want to try using version 16.8.17 on the server (downloadable here), as it didn't include any TLS support.
Admin_P

Return to Xeoma - General discussion