Make email attachment images larger

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Make email attachment images larger

Postby jbaack » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:05 pm

I am using the trial version to compare functionality with the Blue Iris setup I have used for many years - I prefer a Linux-based solution. I have a motion detector setup followed by the email send with attached images. I am getting emails every time I expect to but the images are all very small, 352x240. I receive 3 emails per message, and the max size is set to 4 meg. It is obviously far under that. How can I make the images larger? Everything coming off the camera is Full HD - and the archived recordings show that just fine. Thanks.
jbaack

Re: Make email attachment images larger

Postby Admin_P » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:11 am

Hello! Try looking at the Universal camera settings - there are 2 streams Xeoma takes from the camera: for preview and for archiving. Preview stream is usually lower quality (this reduces CPU load), yours is probably 352x240. Sending Email module takes the preview stream for pictures and videos.
Note that this is true for the vast majority of modules that aren't Preview and Archive.
So, if you need high-quality pictures for Sending Email - just put the main stream as preview in the Universal camera module.
One last thing - we do have the use of the archive's stream for this module on the Development Plan.
Admin_P

Re: Make email attachment images larger

Postby jbaack » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:15 am

Thank you - your suggestion worked.
jbaack

Return to Xeoma - General discussion