Cannot add Hikvision camera

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Cannot add Hikvision camera

Postby cpnbnanamn » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:18 am

Hi all,
I've setup Xeoma on a RaspPi (currently running the trial version), and I have one Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I, just for testing to see how it works, and mock it all up before deploying it. I am having a difficult time getting the Xeoma server to get the stream from the camera. I'm not sure what I'm missing. I can see the camera view from the camera itself, using the built-in web server. I'm new to Xeoma, and these cameras, but I am technically savvy. I could use a hand here. Thanks in advance!
Edit: Upon reflection, I think I should add more to the story. The Xeoma server sees the camera, and it asks for a UN/PW. I enter those, and it completes the search process. Then the UN/PW prompt comes up again. I saw something about an invalid RSTP URL, and archive, but I'm not sure what is supposed to go in there, as I'm not archiving any video yet. I want to get the software license, but won't if I can't make this work right. Help!

-Roger
cpnbnanamn

Re: Cannot add Hikvision camera

Postby avalon66 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:57 pm

You can add the camera by ip address and password, if you click the plus sign. I have 3 Hikvision cctv cameras and xeoma found them quite quickly, using that option.
avalon66

Postby Admin_P » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:11 pm

Hello, cpnbnanamn! There are 2 things to consider when it comes to Hikvision:
  1. New firmware for these cameras sometimes has ONVIF disabled by default. Enable ONVIF before making the search in Xeoma.
  2. If a blocker, that enables after a certain number of failed log in attempts, is currently active - disable it and make one more search.
Admin_P

Postby RandallK » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:39 pm

How do you enable ONVIF exactly? What am I missing? Sorry for the newbie question.
RandallK

Return to Xeoma - General discussion