Record on Motion again

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Record on Motion again

Postby avalon66 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:31 pm

I have started agin with getting a camera to take pictures and record video on motion detected.

For 1 camera I have:
Universal camera <-> Motion Detector <-> Visitor Counter <-> Download to file, and Preview and Archive, which is also connected to Visitor Counter. This setup works well, and just downloads files and records video on motion detected.
I have attached a picture of the setup for clarity.

On another camera I have the exact same setup and modules, but this records videos and it takes pictures when there is nothing there.

If it makes any difference, the 1 camera it works well on is a Merit Lillin 720p,and the other camera where it doesn't work as should is a Hikvision DS-2CD202.

If the setup is the same, I can't understand why it doesn't do as it should on the Hikvision camera.
Thanks
avalon66

Re: Record on Motion again

Postby avalon66 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:07 am

Here is the picture of the modules I have setupfor both cameras
Attachments
modules.png
modules.png (121.65 KiB) Viewed 6279 times
avalon66

Postby Admin_G » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:39 pm

Are the Motion Detector module sensitivity settings the same for both chains? Are the Motion Detector module sensitivity settings the same? Is there a time marking on the second camera?
Admin_G

Postby avalon66 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:08 am

Well I feel such a dumbo, as the problem was caused by the sensitivity level been set too low on the other camera. Once I altered it to 25 or so, tyhe camera stopped taking pictures of nothing. Doh!
avalon66

Postby Admin_K » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:10 am

avalon66 Wrote:Well I feel such a dumbo, as the problem was caused by the sensitivity level been set too low on the other camera. Once I altered it to 25 or so, tyhe camera stopped taking pictures of nothing. Doh!

No problems! We're happy that everything is working fine now.
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion