Persistent archive length problem

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Persistent archive length problem

Postby jrmymllr » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Early last year I noticed the archive for one of my cameras held more than twice the number of days compared with the other cameras, even though they have normally maintained the same number of days. I cleared the archive and upgraded to 19.4.22. Things seemed to work for at least 6 months, then I noticed this occurring again: one camera's archive continued getting shorter, while the remaining camera's archives held many more days.

I shutdown the Xeoma service, deleted the archive, started it up and noticed a "Count Calendar Days" option. I thought this would fix my problem. No......one camera is holding about 20 days and the others are over 50. In addition there's empty directories in every camera archive h264 directory.

I'm no longer eligible for upgrades and I'm not sure if that will even fix my problem as it's persisted across at least two versions. Is this issue understood? I've contemplated switching to another VMS but otherwise, I really like this one.
jrmymllr

Re: Persistent archive length problem

Postby Admin_K » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:44 pm

Hello!

If you delete archive manually, sometimes you might see incorrect information about archive in 'Preview and archive' module's settings. You will need to reindex the archive to see the correct info.

But it looks like this issue is connected with something else. Please contact us via email: https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/contacts/ we'll gladly help you!
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion