Archive - Lag before vidoe play

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Archive - Lag before vidoe play

Postby hepworthd » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:27 pm

I never had an issue in the past, however I've noticed as of recent whenever I go to view my archive of any camera, it takes upwards of a minute to process before I can view, and it consumer 100% cpu on my client external to my server. Ever after Camera 1 is playing, if I switch to Camera 2 to see image moving between, I have to wait another minute to continue playback. This never used to happen.

Is this a known issue that anyone is aware of? It's rather frustrating as I don't understand why this is happening. I've tried local client decode on, off, no difference what so ever.

As well I have noticed around the same time of this issue, my text overlay of date/time no longer works as it should. One preview shows the text, and the other no longer does, yet both had it set to show.

thoughts?

thanks.
hepworthd

Re: Archive - Lag before vidoe play

Postby Admin_P » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:15 pm

Hello!
Regarding marking: You may want to go Layouts menu -> Client decoding settings and set [i]Maximum number of cameras for which a high resolution stream will be displayed[/i] to 0.
Regarding archives: What's the total size of all archives on that server? Do you have the box [i]Visualization and search for motion in the archive[/i] checked in the Preview and Archive settings? Are both server and client using the same version of Xeoma?
Admin_P

Return to Xeoma - General discussion