Zoomin IN -am I missing sssomething?

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Zoomin IN -am I missing sssomething?

Postby natura » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:10 pm

I have cameras to watch wildlife not for tracking or security purposes.
I was about to purchase the lite version when I realized the zoom is not available.

Am I to understand using your software for feature of zoom and 4 cameras will cost me
~160 a yr and yet Blue Iris only 60?
Really? I must be missing something. Please help.
Thank You in advance for your time and consideration
natura

Re: Zoomin IN -am I missing sssomething?

Postby cancam » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:44 pm

Yes, you're missing something.
You can buy Xeoma lite for $40. It will handle 4 cameras and you can use 20 modules over those 4 cameras, however, zoom is not a module. I believe it is intrinsic to the software. Anyways, It's not for a year, it's a one time purchase and you can only UPDATE it for a year. I have version 19.4.22 that I bought a long time ago, haven't updated in years and it has been well worth the money. If you're only watching nature, you won't need many if any of the modules. ....probably just PREVIEW and ARCHIVE to record, and maybe MOTION DETECTION. On 4 cameras with 2 modules on each camera, that's only 8 total. I tried all the others incl;uding Blue Iris, and honestly, all of them were a confusing nighttmare compared to Xeoma. There is a learning curve while you learn all the ins and outs but it is by far the best NVR for the price. I'm ruinning 4 5MP cameras 24x7x365 on a raspberry Pi with only 2GB of ram! It records almost a months worth of archives to an attached 1.5TB drive.

If you only have a couple of cameras you could get the starter for just 5.95. I would imagine that would work just fine for what you're wanting to do providing you have only 2 cameras.

I've captured a bear in my back yard, ...I see a family of dear go by ALL THE TIME, I've caught numerous vehicles crashing into the ditch beside my house and a few fist fights. Fun Stuff.
cancam

Postby natura » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:18 pm

Thank You for your kindness. I want zoom..I saw it and want it hehe.

Really appreciate the explaining of purchase pricing includes the cameras and it's a lifetime without upgrades after a year.

I too admit this is so simple to use. Simple is nice but I am a quick study usually. I have flashed chips and many things without formal education in such matters. It is a darn shame they do not at least afford us buying the zoom option without forking over 150. Resize modules is not the same by any means. Maybe I will try the free and resize. Do not know right now just disappointed. I maintain my own mythtv and that was a learning curve but now seldom a problem.

I do really appreciate your time in writing ...I doubt that we would get a bear but I know they aren't very far away. Must have been exciting.

Yours truly,
Barbara another nature lover

ps
I did more digging and yes it does appear zoom only available shelling out big bucks for more commerical buyer types..hey I got a 8 pointed out in the yard.
natura

Postby natura » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:36 pm

OH! One more question if someone knows... can you upgrade the starter 5.95 to the lite/standard/pro edition n the first week or so? Should be noted without paying full price for each..by subtracting the first purchase from the normal pricing of the next one up
natura

Postby cancam » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:15 am

>> Thank You for your kindness. I want zoom..I saw it and want it hehe.
No problem

>>is a darn shame they do not at least afford us buying the zoom option without forking over 150. Resize modules is not the same by any means. Maybe I will try the free and resize. Do not know right now just disappointed. I maintain my own mythtv and that was a learning curve but now seldom a problem.
I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say zoom. Zoom is part of any version you buy I believe. It's a digital zoom done with the software. Just go to the big screen (1 camera view) then look in the menu for a switch to turn zoom mode on or off. If you have a pan, tilt zoom cameras, there's a button you click to bring up the controls to do that with the camera. But anyways, on mine, and I believe all versions, you just turn zoom mode on then click on the part of the screen that you want to zoom. You can do this in live view or playback.

>>OH! One more question if someone knows... can you upgrade the starter 5.95 to the lite/standard/pro edition n the first week or so? Should be noted without paying full price for each..by subtracting the first purchase from the normal pricing of the next one up
No you can't. You have to buy a separate license. Also, I don't think you can stack licenses in starter either, or combine them with other versions. . In the standard or pro, I think you can punch in several license keys to add cameras.

STARTER - https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/starter/
LITE - https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/lite/
STANDARD - https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/standard/

Happy Trails
cancam

Postby natura » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:30 am

"* Digital zoom is available in Xeoma Standard and Pro modes. Not available in the free version of Xeoma, Starter and Lite."
source:https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/description/#ptz

so after I found that pull out an old computer and got zoneminder running with both cameras and it has zoom too. I liked this software though and would probably get the 4 camera one if I could get zoom. Oh wells off to learn some more. There is another open source one I am going to try before learning too much about all of zoneminder but it does the min of what I want zoooom LOL.

Thanks again and Happy Trails to you too
natura

Postby cancam » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:38 am

>"* Digital zoom is available in Xeoma Standard and Pro modes. Not available in the free version of Xeoma, Starter and Lite."

There ya go. I have only ever used the standard version.

Just in case, ...this is where to find zoom and what it looks like

https://imgur.com/a/wcIAbkd
cancam

Return to Xeoma - General discussion