Image rotate not working in iOS app and Webserver module?

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Image rotate not working in iOS app and Webserver module?

Postby cctvpain » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:54 am

Hi,

I'm using image rotate module in 3 of my 11-camera setup, Standard version. Image is correctly flipped on the OSX Xeoma App, both in preview and single-image views. However, in the iOS Xeoma app (latest version), the image isn't rotated at all. Exact same behavior in all three cameras where I have the module.

EDIT: It seems that the video stream from the web server isn't rotated either.

Needless to say, in my setup, the Image Rotate module goes after the the Universal Camera module and before everything else.

Anyone seen this? Any idea hot to fix it?

Thx
cctvpain

Re: Image rotate not working in iOS app and Webserver module

Postby Admin_K » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:31 pm

Good day!

This behavior is connected with decoding processes.

For the web part if you use "WebRTC" in "Web server" module's settings please turn on "Transcoding on Xeoma side for WebRTC broadcasting".

And for iOS client, please open Xeoma Client on your Server/PC - go to Main menu - Remote access - Users - [b]turn off[/b] Forced video decoding on the client (for all users)

Did it help?

Since the forum was created mainly for our users to communicate, our admins are not always online, so please feel free to send all urgent technical questions and requests via online chat, email, Skype etc.: https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/contacts/
Admin_K

Postby cctvpain » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:50 pm

Wow! thanks! Turning off the "Force decoding..." option solved it, now I can see the image perfectly (including the rotation) on the iOS screen! I'm so glad :-D
cctvpain

Postby Admin_K » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:42 pm

[quote="cctvpain"]Wow! thanks! Turning off the "Force decoding..." option solved it, now I can see the image perfectly (including the rotation) on the iOS screen! I'm so glad :-D[/quote]

Hi,

We're happy that everything is working fine now. You can always contact us via email to receive faster response, we'll gladly help.
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion