Connecting Ubiquity Unifi Video G3 Camera RSTP

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Connecting Ubiquity Unifi Video G3 Camera RSTP

Postby nz_liam » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:47 pm

Hi,

Wondering if anyone else has managed to connect a Ubiquity Unifi Video Camera G3 using RSTP (or otherwise).

My camera has a RSTP Url of rtsp://192.168.1.28:554/s0 and I can connect to this fine with other applications e.g. VLC

I can also add other Onvif cameras I have to Xeoma without issue, but for the life of me I cannot workout how to manually add the UVC-G3 camera, I've tried every combination of settings under manual add, but nothing works.

Google search also turns up no results for Unifi Video and Xeoma setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Liam
nz_liam

Re: Connecting Ubiquity Unifi Video G3 Camera RSTP

Postby nz_liam » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:23 pm

Seems the trick was to set a "non default" password on the Unifi Camera, enable RSTP authentication and then add the camera using the RSTP link and auth credentials.

Now working yay!
nz_liam

Re: Connecting Ubiquity Unifi Video G3 Camera RSTP

Postby Admin_K » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:57 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

You can add cameras in Xeoma via "+" - Simple search for local cameras (Xeoma will scan all cameras in your local network), or Search by IP/password (specify your camera's IP address, login/password and port or leave the port field blank, so Xeoma could scan all popular ports), or Add new camera manually (specify necessary URL that can be checked in camera's admin page in a browser, documentation, internet or from your camera's manufacturer). URLs can be checked in VLC player (ctrl+ N - paste URL) to make sure they are working fine.

Xeoma supports all leading cameras’ brands – up to 99.9% of cameras on the market, over 10000 devices.

Tip: Look for ONVIF support in ip camera specification, it will increase chances that the camera will be detected in Xeoma automatically. Avoid “No name” cameras that claim to use their own cloud, P2P or ActiveX because they tend to be troublesome in work with third-party software. You’d better opt for cameras from time-proven manufacturers like HikVision.
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion