Our new Android app - 'KnownCalls' call blocker

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Our new Android app - 'KnownCalls' call blocker

Postby Admin_N » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:04 am

Great news! We have released our new app: KnownCalls, the No-Ads Calls Blocker, a 100% free app to get rid of unsolicited calls!

! See more at knowncalls.com

Are you sick and tired of unending unsolicited calls from call centers, tele marketers, spammers and scammers of all sorts?
They waste your time, they distract you from something important, they are potentially dangerous - especially to kids and elderly.
Sometimes you wish you could just turn your phone off - but you can't because you have to be in touch with the loved ones, colleagues, customers?

Now there is a solution! KnownCalls is the new free Android app, with 0 cost, 0 advertisements, and 0 intrusion on your privacy.
KnownCalls is simple, easily configurable and works completely without Internet access.

The work scheme is simple: when activated, it rejects all incoming calls from numbers that are not in your device's Phonebook.

As easy as it sounds, with KnownCalls you can finally enjoy the silence of 0 spam calls without compromising your privacy.
The call rejection of KnownCalls is more effective compared to background hold of other calls blockers: this way spam calls can be expected to die out soon as unwanted callers will mark your number as non valid.

The app is perfect for users of any age or profession, from polititians, businessmen, or other public people, to children or elderly who need protection from scam or fraudsters.

Download KnownCalls for your Android today - from Google Play or our website KnownCalls.com.

KnownCalls is the app that we've created for ourselves, but decided to share with the world.

See more about the app and its terms of use here:

P.S. Need more from call blocker? Please share your ideas! Contact us!
P.P.S. We also do paid development so if you need a custom software product created, please contact us for a non-committing quote of your project!
Admin_N

Re: Our new Android app - 'KnownCalls' call blocker

Postby ehrenberdg » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:54 pm

I downloaded the app KnownCalls 23mar2023 after reading the descriptions.
After initial problems of getting the setting "Block all except contacts" to stick, I was finally able to exit the app and re-enter and see that blocking setting still set. HOWEVER, the setting still appears to be ignored. What am I missing here?
The behavior I want is: if the number is not listed in my contacts directory, I want the call to silently be directed to voicemail for later examination.
DE
ehrenberdg

Postby ehrenberdg » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:20 pm

Unable to get the desired behavior from the KnownCalls app and lack of support for the application I removed the app from my phone. The specs looked good in the advertisements, but the app fail to deliver.
DE
ehrenberdg

Postby Admin_N » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:23 pm

Hello!

We're sorry to hear that you have faced issues with KnownCalls on your device. Thank you for sharing your experience and letting us know your feedback - it's important to us and we take it seriously!

We don't offer support for this app because, frankly, it's a simple app that is supposed to work out-of-the-box regardless of device as long as it has the supported OS.

I can't think of any reason it wouldn't block numbers that are not in the PhoneBook other than:
* The OS is not supported (lower than Android 10);
* The option was not selected in the app settings;
* The required permissions were not given.

If neither of these is the case for you, please help us improve KnownCalls for you and for other people who are seeking freedom from unwanted calls without compromising their privacy!
Tell us more about your device brand/model, its environment and OS. We'll try to repeat the behavior in such circumstances and release the fix in future releases.

---Admin_N---
Admin_N

Return to Xeoma - General discussion