Docker Version Broken?

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Docker Version Broken?

Postby riffy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:29 am

Is the docker version broken? It no longer downloads a version in its download folder to run from jap42/xeoma. So it never actually runs anything now.

(edit)
docker log shows:
runsv xeoma: fatal: unable to start ./run: access denied
riffy

Re: Docker Version Broken?

Postby output » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:15 pm

Until now I used the the coppit Docker image. Since the last update I am unable to get it working. Just tried the jap42 and have the same issue as you.
output

Postby riffy » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:05 pm

I usually use that image too, but the instructions on their site say to use jap42, so I used it to post the issue. I've tried about a dozen images & none work. I emailed them & they said:

"Ok, we'll run a few tests and check if this is something that can be fixed on Xeoma's side or whether the containers themselves need to be modified."
riffy

Postby riffy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:29 am

FYI: coppit/xeoma:latest works again with the last update.

Never once got a reply to my emails saying it was fixed, even though every time I asked about an update I was flatly told "We'll tell you when it's fixed" type response. Not a peep I see here either, not even in the full changes' info.

Rather disappointed in support, especially for how expensive this software is. :-/
riffy

Postby Admin_P » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:49 am

Hi! While I understand your disappointment, I have to point out that it's somewhat misdirected - we are neither the original author nor the maintainer for the container in question. So, when the container isn't keeping up with Xeoma's updates, there isn't really much we can do on our end without opening a whole new branch of development and testing effort directed on just one container. As you can see, that wouldn't be very prudent in terms of resource allocation, so we cannot justify doing that. Nevertheless, the support team is willing to look into this subject, despite having every reason to dismiss this as something going well beyond the support's normal scope.

All that said, if stability is the critical factor for your surveillance system, then there is a fairly simple way of achieving it - find the version of Xeoma and the build of the container that works for you and "freeze" it (i.e. keep it exactly as is, without changing/updating anything).

P.S. You may also want to keep in mind that the forum's purpose is to serve as a platform for Xeoma users to exchange their experiences, not to contact Xeoma's support team.
Admin_P

Return to Xeoma - General discussion