XEOMA on BananaPi M5

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

XEOMA on BananaPi M5

Postby berni51 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:11 am

Hi folks,
I am Berni from Germany and new in this forum. However I use XEMOA since 2 years and have a handfull of cameras, controlled by XEOMA on an RaspBerry 4, which runs quite good.

Due to the exorbitant increased prices for Raspberries, I would like to use BananaPi M5 for a new project. So I bought 2 BananaPis and installed Archlinux, ArtixLinux and OpenBSD for testing. All three OS run good and reliable.

Then I tried to run XEOMA for armv7 and armv8, but this failed. When I start the XEOMA app, it crashes immedietaly and produces a core dump.

My question: Is there a chance to run XEOMA on my BananaPis M5?

Kind regards
Berni
berni51

Re: XEOMA on BananaPi M5

Postby Admin_P » Fri May 26, 2023 11:28 am

Hi!
Of the 3 types of OS you mentioned only 1 is sort of supported by Xeoma - Arch Linux, so there is little point in trying to run it on Artix or OpenBSD. The simplest recommendation would be to switch to any of the fully supported OS (see Xeoma's manual), e.g. Debian or Mint.
If you wish to stick to Arch Linux and investigate further, you can run the following commands through the terminal and send the console's responses to support AT felenasoft DOT com:
lscpu | grep Archi
getconf LONG_BIT
uname -a
lsb_release -a
file path_to_xeoma.app
ldd path_to_xeoma.app
path_to_xeoma.app -core
Admin_P

Postby berni51 » Wed May 31, 2023 6:42 am

Thank you very much. I will go on with my Archlinux tests and send the responses of the mentioned commands to the support.

Berni
berni51

Postby Admin_D » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:31 pm

Hi Berni!

How are your tests going?

If you have any troubles or questions, feel free to reach us. Our contacts can be found on the Contact Us page https://felenasoft.com/en/contacts/
Admin_D

Return to Xeoma - General discussion