Cannot connect to Lorex DVR

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Cannot connect to Lorex DVR

Postby avh » Sun May 28, 2023 4:39 pm

Hi everyone, my problem is that I cannot access my analog cameras which are connected to a Lorex DVR. Can anyone help me?

I am using Ubuntu 22.04.
avh

Re: Cannot connect to Lorex DVR

Postby Admin_D » Tue May 30, 2023 9:37 am

Hi!

If your analogue cameras are connected through a DVR, in order to work in Xeoma such DVRs [b]must support MJPEG, JPEG, H264 or MPEG-4 streams and stream video through http or rtsp[/b].

Before you connect your DVR to Xeoma, you will need to configure your DVR and make sure that you can view your DVR cameras from the PC (device) where Xeoma Server is running. Usually you can find the guide on how to install the DVR in DVRs’ documentation. Open a browser on the device where Xeoma Server is running and type in DVR’s IP address to see if the cameras come up.

If you can view cameras in a browser from the computer, you can try ‘Simple search for local camera’ via ‘+’ menu in Xeoma. There’s a chance it will find cameras from your DVRs automatically. You will see this progress bar in the right bottom corner, you can click it to stop the search and show cameras that already were found.

If none were found, you can try the advanced search (“Search by IP/password” option): click the “+” icon in the lower icon bar of Xeoma’s Main Screen. In the Advanced search dialog please enter the DVR’s data.

If the above said doesn’t help to connect your DVRs cameras, you will need to know direct URLs for cameras’ streams (in MJPEG, H264, H265, MPEG-4, JPEG).
This way you can add cameras manually via ‘+’ menu – Add new camera manually. URLs for DVRs cameras usually contain different camera number/stream/channel.

As soon as you have the URL for your DVRs’ stream, paste it in Xeoma’s ‘Universal camera’ module’s settings.

You can find more detailed instruction on this page: https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/articles/dvrs-nvrs-digital-surveillance/

We hope it will help you!
Admin_D

Postby avh » Tue May 30, 2023 2:00 pm

Hi Admin_D

I very much appreciate the time you took to help me out. I am looking into the streaming option but to date I still can't get to see the cameras. It's an old system and works great in Windows but since I'm trying to move to Linux I'd like to sort it out there. I'd really prefer to work with Xeoma because I like the interface and it seems to be very professionally done. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for your help.
avh

Postby Admin_D » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:42 pm

Hi!

Any news?

You could reach the manufacturer to ask the exact cameras stream parameters and then write them in Xeoma.

If you have any troubles or questions, feel free to reach us via email, optionally, attaching screenshots. Our contacts can be found on the Contact Us page https://felenasoft.com/en/contacts/
Admin_D

Return to Xeoma - General discussion