Ubuntu 64 bit Unstable, Hidden mode install boot fail.

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Ubuntu 64 bit Unstable, Hidden mode install boot fail.

Postby morisk11 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:30 am

64bit server release stops frequently and needs the ./xeoma.app -core command to restart.

Either 32 and 64bit hiddenmode installations causes system non to boot in the console. Hangs on the: "*Starting the Winbind daemon winbind" at boot when installed on Ubuntu 12.04 server.
Unable to boot at all when installed on the Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop release, hangs on the scrolling dots boot screen.
I tried installing both releases on Ubuntu server 12.04 32 or 64 bit, installing ia32-libs or libasound2, I always get stuck with same issues.
Anyone else having same issues?
Regards
morisk11

Re: Ubuntu 64 bit Unstable, Hidden mode install boot fail.

Postby Admin_N » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Thanks for drawing our attention to these issues. We'll perform some tests to try to repeat the same error (we haven't succeeded in it yet, though).

Perhaps you have a USB cam connected when you launch Xeoma? Try to plug it out. There also might be a conflict between Xeoma and some other applications you have installed. Can you check on it?
Admin_N

Re: Ubuntu 64 bit Unstable, Hidden mode install boot fail.

Postby morisk11 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Hello there and thanks for the reply.
I have no other applications installed other then ssh server. The one thing I noted is that if I run the "sudo /etc/rc2.d/S95XeomaCoreService restart" during post when it gets stuck using ssh remotely, boots normally in the console and allows me to login, and doesn't stop at grub loader screen requesting manually confirmation to boot, starts the normal countdown and then gets stuck again on post.

PS: Even though the booting issue, xeoma server (32bit version either installed on 32 or 64bit Ubuntu server OS) auto starts on boot normally and works perfectly "accessing to it from a remote client of course".

Thank you Kindly.
morisk11

Return to Xeoma - General discussion