IPhone-Safari Remote Access

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

IPhone-Safari Remote Access

Postby morisk11 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi, I wounder if there was an option to setup the web-server end to stream multiple webcams over the network and access them remotely using any mobile phone browser (iPhone-Safari in my case) or even an iPhone app. I believe that the existing web-server module streams only individual webcams and you can only access them one at a time using different addresses.
Thanks
morisk11

Re: IPhone-Safari Remote Access

Postby Admin_N » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Yes, such an option is planned to be added, possibly by the next release next week. You will be able to view multiple streams (in MJPEG, also supported by Safari) in one window of web server admin. As for an iPhone app, we are currently working on it but cannot tell yet exactly when it will be released. Please subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to know when it happens, or simply visit our page to check the new version.
Admin_N

Postby morisk11 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:02 pm

Very good news then and again very prompt support. It would be a great add on to xeoma.
Mobile remote access is very popular now days, looking forward to try it out. Thanks
morisk11

Postby R West » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Is the iPhone app available yet, and if so, is it compatible with pbx phone systems? I looked for it and cannot find it. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Last edited by R West on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
R West

Postby Admin_N » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:25 am

Hello,

You did everything right. The fact is there's simply no version for iOS yet. We are releasing the Android app with one of the next versions of Xeoma and probably the iPhone app will also be up and running soon after that.

Please subscribe to our free newsletter to be the first to know when it happens!
Admin_N

Postby Admin_N » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:11 am

On the plus side, you can view your cameras in real-time even without a special app - via Safari browser on your iPhone. This post may be useful on how to set it up. Hope this helps!
Admin_N

Return to Xeoma - General discussion