Can I switch cameras on and off

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Can I switch cameras on and off

Postby Paolo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Hello,

I am a newbie and planning to use Xeoma for home surveillance. As a good newbie here is my trivial question ;-) I am considering putting a couple of cameras inside my house but, for obvious privacy reasons, I do not want those cameras to be on all the time. I plan to run Xeoma on a server located in the basement and this server is meant to run Xeoma 7/24. What I would like to have is a means -- like a conventional alarm system -- to switch the camera connections on and off when I leave or come back to my house. Assuming that my server can receive such a on/off event is there a means for Xeoma to read it and connect/disconnect cameras? Or is there a way to do this via the Xeoma web server?
Again sorry if I am asking the obvious! Many thanks in anticipation!
Paolo
Paolo

Re: Can I switch cameras on and off

Postby Admin_N » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Hello Paolo,

We'll be happy to help!

We are planning on adding of a remote arm/disarm control for motion detector in one of the future versions of Xeoma. It will work through web server feature - you will be able to turn motion detector on and off from web browser where you view your cameras separately, or all at once.

Please follow our updates to be notified when it's done.
Admin_N

Postby nikkil » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:10 pm

you will be able to turn motion detector on and off from web browser

Hi. Is there a quick step by step guide in setting this up please?
nikkil

Postby Admin_N » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:12 am

Right now there isn't for this feature hasn't yet been added. But once it is, you will be able to find instructions in Help section on our site.
Admin_N

Return to Xeoma - General discussion