Email Attachments

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Email Attachments

Postby Thermo2 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:51 pm

I am puzzled by the meaning of "Pictures Count" and "Max Pictures" in the Email module. No matter where I put the slider for Pictures Count I only get one image attached to my email notification and I seem to have no control over Mac Pictures, whatever that means. Would appreciate some clues.
Thermo2

Re: Email Attachments

Postby Admin_N » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:32 am

Sorry for misunderstanding.

Pictures Count is how many pictures will be attached to each email. Max pictures count is how many pictures you can have attached to each email message according to Max message size set up with the slider below. It's just for your information.

For example, you don't want each message to be bigger than 2 Mb. It means that each message can have up to 26 pictures (this number can vary depending on camera's resolution & picture size - which in most cases can be configured in web admin of your camera).

Try setting a higher value to Max message size. Perhaps the pictures you try to attach simply exceed that limit and get dismissed.

P.S. If you have a better idea of naming these parameters, please let us know. We welcome any suggestions as to how to make it more comprehensive for users.
Admin_N

Postby Thermo2 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Thank you for your reply. The pictures seem to only be a few kilobytes. The max pictures says 554 and number of pictures is 2, but I only get 1 attached. Is there some other factor that effects this? Is it because this module is after the motion detection and some factor there is important?
Thermo2

Postby Admin_N » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Yes, if there is motion detector connected, it affects much.

Say, you have a 1 minute interval between messages and you want to have 2 pictures attached. This means that every 30 seconds the program will check motion detector if there is motion at THAT moment. If there is, the picture gets stored in temporary memory waiting for being sent. If not - it doesn't. In the next 30 seconds the program checks again, to get another picture if there is motion this time. And at that instant it sends an email with all pictures that it stored during that time interval (during 1 minute in our example). If there are no pictures, no message is sent.

Obviously, if you only receive 1 picture, there is motion only at one time the program checks motion detector. Other time there simply is no motion and no pictures get stored and thus sent.

That's how it works. I hope it's clearer now.
Admin_N

Postby Thermo2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:16 pm

Yes, this helps a lot. As to suggestions - I would suggest including more elaboration, along the lines of your two replies, in your help files and/or web site.
Thermo2

Postby Admin_N » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:03 am

That's a great idea! We are glad it helped and certainly we'll be happy if it helps others, too.
Admin_N

Return to Xeoma - General discussion