30 minute email sends picture from 30 mins ago

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

30 minute email sends picture from 30 mins ago

Postby ltturner » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:18 am

I set up an email notification to go out every thirty minutes from one of my cameras. The subject says, for example, "Camera output (2013-02-09 21:13:29)" The attached image is 2013-02-09 20-43-34.jpg

On a related note, I'd like to be able to leave the time stamp out of the subject line. If I set up the email to have the subject "Camera output" I'd like to have the subject "Camera output". Is there any way to remove the time stamp?
ltturner

Re: 30 minute email sends picture from 30 mins ago

Postby Admin_N » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Thank you for your report. We'll make the time stamp optional in one of the coming versions. Please subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to know when it's done.
Admin_N

Postby ltturner » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Thank you! That will make multiple messages group nicely in Gmail.

The bigger problem for me, though, is that the emails that are sent at 30 minute intervals include a still from thirty minutes earlier. For example, an email sent at 8:00 includes a still from 7:30. Is there a way to have the email include a current still frame?

Thanks!
ltturner

Postby Admin_N » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:08 pm

If you connect email module after the motion detector, it means you want to be notified by email if there has been any motion detected in the filed of view in course of these, say, 30 mins (or whatever interval you set up). Xeoma checks every now and then if there is motion in the field of view and as soon as it gets maximum pictures specified, it waits until it's time to send them. In your case, since you set Xeoma up to send 1 picture every 30 mins, Xeoma checks for motion at the start of these 30 mins, gets a picture if there is and since it's the limit, it doesn't check anymore, just waits for 30 mins to pass to send this email to you.

If you want simply to see the current image in emails, connect the email module straight to the camera (not to the motion detector).

Hope this helps!
Admin_N

Return to Xeoma - General discussion