Not recording?

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Not recording?

Postby dsnowdy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 pm

I've installed the latest Xeoma on Ubuntu 12.10.
I have a license for 4 cameras and have 3 set up and have activated it.

It doesn't seem to be recording. Sometime the archive timeline says :00.0. Sometime it does show a timeline with recent times but it hasn't recorded any test movements.

To try to force it to record I set sensitivity to 100 and reduced the framerate to 5fps.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave
dsnowdy

Re: Not recording?

Postby Admin_N » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:13 am

Hey Dave,

Sensitivity level actually works in reverse. So the '100' is the highest resistance rate when only the biggest objects and most active movement will trigger recording. Try lowering it down to '0' and setting up smaller object size (advanced settings).

Did it help?
Admin_N

Postby dsnowdy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks! I think that's probably it. It has already started recording.

Dave
dsnowdy

Postby nikkil » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi. Does setting this to "0" mean that there would be no resistance at all? What would be the ideal value here if I may ask?
nikkil

Postby Admin_N » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:46 am

dsnowdy Wrote:Thanks! I think that's probably it. It has already started recording.

Dave

Glad it helped!

nikkil Wrote:Hi. Does setting this to "0" mean that there would be no resistance at all? What would be the ideal value here if I may ask?

Yes, 0 means no resistance and registering any motion in the field of view, small or big. It can be done as a matter of test, then we recommend to set sensitivity to a higher value, depending on circumstances.

Ideal value depends on what kind of motion you'd like to record (all, people, cars, etc.) and if there are false alarm triggering events there.The current sensitivity scale will help you find out the perfect value for your environment. Just run some tests to make sure the system works good for you.
Admin_N

Return to Xeoma - General discussion