Dlink DCS-900 not streaming

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Dlink DCS-900 not streaming

Postby prescottweb » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:53 pm

I have a number of Dlink DCS-900's. They are listed as compatible and I can add them to xeoma but I just get a still image, no streaming.

I have tried
192.168.2.X/VIDEO.CGI and IMAGE.JPG

Also tried the automatic settings.

Anywhere from 1 to 5 frames per second.

I get frozen images and an occasional refresh. I know the cameras are capable of working since they worked fine with blue iris.

Any Suggestions?
prescottweb

Re: Dlink DCS-900 not streaming

Postby Admin_N » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:29 am

This model is supported.

Have you tried to:

1) run the advanced search in + menu in the panel below to make Xeoma detect your cameras?
2) use manual setup - choose D-Link from available cameras, simply enter your cameras' IP and username/password? Then the right link must be found automatically
3) try to set frames per second rate to a higher value (like when you use /IMAGE.JPG) so that the image gets refreshed at a live video speed?

Also, if nothing helps try
/video.jpg
and check your cameras' fps in their web interface.

Hope this helps!
Admin_N

Postby prescottweb » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:39 am

What I've found is that if I set the resolution on the camera to 320x480 it streams just fine.

I tried a few combos on the frame rate, that didn't seem to help. I think the DCS-900 may be a POS which melts under load.
The wireless Axis cam has no problems whatever on the same system.
prescottweb

Postby Admin_N » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:04 am

Try to make Xeoma window smaller - does the video get 'live' then? If yes, then the cause is perhaps that the PC is too slow.
If it doesn't - then it's allegedly a video card drivers problem.

Try to record video without the client part - with just server running (Install it through Main Menu -> Install -> Install -> make sure to tick only Autostart Server). Do the recordings have more fps then?
Admin_N

Return to Xeoma - General discussion