How to update Xeoma Server?

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

How to update Xeoma Server?

Postby markwiens » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:04 am

What would be the right procedure to update xeoma server so to not lose the configuration of all the cameras I have?
markwiens

Re: How to update Xeoma Server?

Postby Admin_N » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 pm

Is it a remote server? Do you connect to it remotely?
Admin_N

Postby markwiens » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:33 pm

What do you mean by remote server? it's a server in our office.. I have physical access to it if needed...
Regularly I connect to it through the xeoma client..

Last time one of our bosses downloaded a newer version of the client and it wouldn't let him connect to the server (it said either the client has to be older version or the server should be updated), so I thought let's update the server. After that I had to add all the cameras again.. so I guess that wasn't the right procedure to update the server.. are there any config files saved anywhere so I can make a backup of them maybe?
markwiens

Postby Admin_N » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:51 pm

This should be done through the program itself so you can keep the settings. You need to go to Main Menu -> Install -> Uninstall and select 'Uninstall all except for archive and settings'. After that you need to launch the newer version and install it if needed.

This week we are releasing the new version of Xeoma that will allow to update the program in 1 click from inside the program. So soon it will be easier to do.

Hope this helps!
Admin_N

Postby markwiens » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Awesome!

looking forward to it.. thanks a lot!
markwiens

Postby Admin_N » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:27 pm

It's done! Starting from Xeoma 13.4.5, Xeoma on all officially supported OSs (Mac OSX, Windows, Linux) can be updated in 1 click! Moreover, the program will notify you when updates are available! Download the latest version of Xeoma on our site free of charge: http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/download/ !
Admin_N

Postby motorco » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:31 pm

I am getting an error when attempting to uninstall:
"Installation/uninstallation error! Failed to delete the shortcut for the client part of Xeoma!"

How do I solve this problem?
motorco

Postby Admin_K » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:08 am

motorco Wrote:I am getting an error when attempting to uninstall:
"Installation/uninstallation error! Failed to delete the shortcut for the client part of Xeoma!"

How do I solve this problem?

Hello! What version of Xeoma do you currently use?

You can delete the shortcut manually and uninstall Xeoma via Main menu - Install
Please make sure that you do it under Administrator's rights to have necessary permissions
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion