150 cameras - What do I need?

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

150 cameras - What do I need?

Postby Fantom » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:28 am

I'm going to switch my client form MIlestoneSystem to your Xenoma system. I have 150 cameras with mpeg2 and H.264 coding which produce about 2 Mb transfer per camera (300 Mb/s). What kind of hardware I need to buy for a server. I'm going to use some Windows Server or Debian system with the 2x1Gb ethernet interfaces. We need to store (archive) stream with H.264 compresion. There'll be about 5 client watching it, a nd we need to store video recordings for minimum 7 days. Any sugestion about a procesor or RAM? What about NAS/drive? Does is any calculator of disk space (image quality*compresion*hour=???)? Does anybody has experience with such instalations ?
Fantom

Re: 150 cameras - What do I need?

Postby Admin_N » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:24 am

We'd suggest you to use MJPEG streaming if that is possible with your cameras. By the way, what are the cameras' models and makes? What fps rate is required? The increased requirements for HDD space in that case could be beaten by using motion-triggered or scheduled recording, or storing footage to a NAS.

If H.264 is a must, you will need several machines to work with 150 cameras. If you used MJPEG streams, it all could be established on a single PC.
Admin_N

Return to Xeoma - General discussion