Is there a Suggestions area?

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Is there a Suggestions area?

Postby dsnowdy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:35 am

I really like Xeoma. I use it on Ubuntu but have a few things I'd like to suggest:
1. enable tabbing between fields in camera setup
2. enable "." character in setting up camera IP addresses (it doesn't seem to work for me)
3. create a iPhone app!
4. create a way to easily revert to or save your last settings (or at least save more versions of settings)

Number 4 is the most important to me because I find that the settings get wiped out pretty easily when poking around in the menus and all the cameras have to be set up again from scratch.

Thanks

Dave
dsnowdy

Re: Is there a Suggestions area?

Postby Admin_N » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Thank you for your suggestions & ideas!

##1 & 3 - Yep, we are working on them! These two are extremely high-demand!

#2. Where's that? In Universal Camera manual setup? It must work otherwise how would one set a camera up manually? So "." doesn't work just there?

#4. Here's what you can do until settings presets feature is added. In your default user catalogue (by default: /home/{USERNAME}/Xeoma/ when Xeoma is installed or /usr/local/Xeoma/ when Xeoma is not installed) you will find settings.dat file which is, basically, the settings themselves. Copy it to a safe place from time to time, and in case of settings gone lost copy it back (but you need to turn Xeoma off while you do that).

Hope it helps!
Admin_N

Return to Xeoma - General discussion