motion detector -> email module

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

motion detector -> email module

Postby md11213 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi,

I know this has been covered a few times in the docs and on this forum, but I'm just totally confused about what is happening, here.

I've got Camera -> Motion Detector -> Email Module.

The sensitivity levels and object size on the motion detector appear to be set up correctly. Which is to say, I can see that the sensitivity threshold is not being exceeded when no one is walking in front of the camera. When someone does walk in front of the camera, the "current level" rises, as expected.

On the email module, I've got an interval of 30 minutes; I want to attach 6 pictures, with 2 fps between images; to send only the latest images; and to have a max message size of 3 MB.

The expected behavior is this: every 5 minutes, check the motion detector to see if there is motion. If so, save an image. At the end of 30 minutes, send an email with every image that was saved throughout the 30 minutes.

What's actually happening: I'm getting an email every 30 minutes with six images that are exactly identical, showing no movement at all.

I was wondering if this had something to do with the options "Send only the latest images" and / or the "2 fps between images," but those options aren't discussed anywhere (that I can find, at least), so I'm not sure what they do, or what effect disabling or adjusting them will have.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give.
md11213

Return to Xeoma - General discussion