hardware acceleration

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

hardware acceleration

Postby jeverest » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:54 pm

I see in the module section that there is reference to hardware acceleration under the IP camera advanced options. I do not see this option in my Universal camera options. Is there something I am missing? Was this feature dropped?

Here is the doc: http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/help/modules/

I am running Xeoma on a linux 64 bit system

Thanks for the help
jeverest

Re: hardware acceleration

Postby Admin_N » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:10 pm

For now hardware acceleration is available for Xeoma on Windows for NVidia graphics cards (CUDA) and Intel processors (QuickSync). Please see minimum system requirements on this page. If the card doesn't fit to requirements, hardware acceleration will not be available.
Admin_N

Postby MrWorf » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:36 pm

Has this changed? I know ffmpeg is supporting intel quicksync now on linux and it would be great to be able to use that in Xeoma as well to lower the CPU load.
MrWorf

Postby Admin_N » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:09 pm

MrWorf Wrote:Has this changed? I know ffmpeg is supporting intel quicksync now on linux and it would be great to be able to use that in Xeoma as well to lower the CPU load.

Yes, it has. Hardware acceleration has been available for Linux since Xeoma 17.8.31 was released on 31 August 2017. Go ahead give it a try and let us know if it helps! More instructions on hardware acceleration here

Thank you for using Xeoma!
Admin N
Admin_N

Return to Xeoma - General discussion