Remote Access Using DDNS and port forwarding

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Remote Access Using DDNS and port forwarding

Postby Trinisteve » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:47 pm

Hello everyone. I am familar with configuring remote viewing across the internet with other systems but I am getting difficulty with xeoma. I have xeoma running on a computer with 6 cameras. I have forwarded port 8090 and 80 on the router. I have also set the DDNS address on the router. I am able to ping the DDNS address through command prompt (Windows 10 operating system). In Xeoma, I navigate to remote access - connect to - enter the DDNS address in "Xeoma Server Address or Repeater Location". The port is 8090. When I try to save I get the following error "Make sure the server part of Xeoma is working on PC with IP address ---------". I don't know how to access the server part. Please assist as I am unsure as if my approach is correct. Thanks.
Trinisteve

Re: Remote Access Using DDNS and port forwarding

Postby Admin_N » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:25 am

The server part is your Xeoma on this computer where you use DynDNS + port forwarding. You need to enter these data (dynDNS address + Xepma server password) into the Connection dialog in the remote client.

More about remote access in Xeoma - here

Also, if dynDNS doesn't really work for you, you can opt for an easier additional service called Repeater. It will simplify remote access to a minimum, solving problems like the one you're facing. Check more at http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/help/repeater/
Admin_N

Postby cango_uk » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:57 pm

I've got a similar issue. I don't want to use the repeater service, as i'm already paying for a DDNS account that presents my server on the net.
I had it working previously but I had problems connecting to my Server from inside the LAN using the external address, and I'd pretty much uninstalled and reinstalled most of the server and the software before I found it was a problem with my router :oops: :oops: :oops:

Is it possible to completely remove all the settings and config for xeoma because I don't seem to be able to get the xeoma server installed and working again.
cango_uk

Postby Admin_P » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 am

Hello!
cango_uk Wrote:I don't seem to be able to get the xeoma server installed and working again

Could you describe in detail what exactly doesn't seem to work? Do you get an error message while launching Xeoma? What's the OS on the server and the client?
Generally, it's unlikely for Xeoma to become completely unresponsive, even if portforwarding doesn't work on the router.

If you do need to completely wipe the installation, you can do it via the console (Command Line for Windows) with the command -install -removeall (more on that here).
A word of warning: this will delete any and all archives too, so if there is any footage you need preserved - be sure to copy it beforehand.
Admin_P

Return to Xeoma - General discussion