Wanscam PTZ Not Working

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Wanscam PTZ Not Working

Postby lojix » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:45 am

I currently have 3 cams running in Xeoma. 2x Foscam and 1x Wanscam (Model: JW004). The only working method of connecting all three was using the URL manual setup.

The PTZ on the Wanscam is not working. After trying a range of URL's, none seem to work. I notice in iSpy there is an editable file to change the PTZ settings and the PTZ does work when using the cam in iSpy. Is there any way to ad a URL for the PTZ in Xeoma, or any other way of editing the PTZ settings? I can extract the PTZ settings from the config file in iSpy, but I can't find a way of adding them in Xeoma.

any assistance is appreciate.
lojix

Re: Wanscam PTZ Not Working

Postby Groggan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:21 am

Ditto for me!!

I can view the camera, but no sound or PT
Groggan

Postby Admin_N » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:50 am

What is the exact model of you camera, Groggan?

What version of Xeoma do you use and on what operating system? If the version is "older" than the recent 14.7.18, please update your Xeoma.

Can you move the camera in its web interface or with its bundle software? The same goes for sound - do you hear it in any of these? Are both features supported by the camera?
Admin_N

Postby lojix » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:54 pm

Groggan Wrote:Ditto for me!!

I can view the camera, but no sound or PT

@Groggan I didn't think I was the only one having a problem with it!

Admin_N Wrote:What is the exact model of you camera, Groggan?

What version of Xeoma do you use and on what operating system? If the version is "older" than the recent 14.7.18, please update your Xeoma.

Can you move the camera in its web interface or with its bundle software? The same goes for sound - do you hear it in any of these? Are both features supported by the camera?

Thank you Admin_N for replying to this thread, I have been hoping for a response. Without any other advice or options to try I ended up giving up on it. Does you response mean that the Wanscam config has been added to Xeoma? Is there any further information I can provide you with that might help?
lojix

Postby Admin_N » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Sorry for having left your post un-answered, lojix.

New cameras are added all the time so there's always a chance if you try the newest version. If your camera does move in its web interface, that is. So please give the recent version a try and we'll work from there.
Admin_N

Postby lojix » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:48 am

Admin_N Wrote:Sorry for having left your post un-answered, lojix.

New cameras are added all the time so there's always a chance if you try the newest version. If your camera does move in its web interface, that is. So please give the recent version a try and we'll work from there.

Okay, no problem. I will try it out. Thank you for the quick reply.
lojix

Return to Xeoma - General discussion