External trigger for recording?

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

External trigger for recording?

Postby timekiller » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Hello!
I just bought my license and am setting up my software. I plan to make this part of my home security/automation system. What I would really like is to be able to trigger Xeoma to record when I want. So, for example when my security alarm goes off, I can sense that from my server. I just need a way to tell Xeoma to start recording. Is this possible?
timekiller

Re: External trigger for recording?

Postby Admin_J » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:26 am

Hello!

Thank you for your interest in Xeoma!

You can use "HTTP switcher" module. This module allows to switch on or off all following modules (the whole chain connected after the HTTP switcher) upon receiving an http-request. It works like a circuit breaker/closer and can receive command to either break the circuit (with the URL for switching off) or close it (with the URL for switching on).

For example, you can connect this module in a chain before the Archive module, and send the swithing off URL when you need to stop recording. To resume recording, send the switching on URL request. Requests can be sent through home automation system or simply via a web browser.

Hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to ask us questions, we are happy to help.
Admin_J

Re: External trigger for recording?

Postby timekiller » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:40 pm

Perfect! Thank you.
timekiller

Return to Xeoma - General discussion