MJPEG-option in Destination "Built-in-Webserver"

WebCam Looker software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

MJPEG-option in Destination "Built-in-Webserver"

Postby Osa » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:52 pm

How do I access the .MJPEG-dataset in htdocs-directory in order to utilize the streaming-functionality ??
I thought that I could use my browser(IE) in the same way as I do when successfully accessing the .JPG picture produced when NOT activating the MJPEG-option for the destination(i.e. straight http://<localhost>:<port>/<destination-name>.JPG), but any attempt to access the "/<destination-name>.MJPEG" in this manner fail(tried both IE and FireFox) !
Do I have to install some addon-functionality in order to access a MJPEG-stream directly in a browser?

:? When accessing the "built-in-webserver" in order to view my sources however, the MJPEG access-alternative works OK for any source when using the FireFox, but not when using the IE.
Osa

Re: MJPEG-option in Destination "Built-in-Webserver"

Postby Administrator » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately, Internet Explorer does not support MJPEG at all. Please use other browsers.
Or, if you cannot and forced to use Internet Explorer by some reason, please use the JPEG view that refreshes live picture with help of javascript (supported by any browser).
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Osa » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi,
Thanks for quick response.
Checking the web for the IE/MJPEG combination confirmes that this is difficult.
Going to try CHROME just in order to test the MJPEG-option for the Built-in-Webserver, but for the time being the sample "live-refresh" page for the .jpg picture does gives me the possibility to publich some degree of "real-time" viewing-experience for a remote IE-browser.
Ole :)
Osa

Postby nikkil » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi Osa.Any work around found since you last posted?
nikkil

Return to WebCam Looker - General discussion