Xeoma notifications

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Xeoma notifications

Postby Dogla » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:24 am

Ever since I upgraded the Xeoma software today on my desktop I keep getting empty Xeoma notification emails every few minutes. Is there a bug in the software or do I need to change a setting somewhere? I have 2 cameras connected so I'm getting these emails from both cameras. They are setup to send emails on motion detected which they still do but every few minutes I also receive 2 or 4 xeoma notifications....empty emails....
Dogla

Re: Xeoma notifications

Postby valduk » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:11 pm

I have the same issue on my mac (latest version Yosemite) with xeoma 15.6.29 64 bit (and same for beta version). Email module is connected to motion detector and before it was working fine, but now the email is triggered not by motion detector but by the time interval setting in email module. And if there was no motion, then you receive an empty email. And in my case I get email every 5 minute according to interval setting. Would be great if this gets fixed.

It can be easily solved by creating a filter, which will delete those emails but do nothing with the right one which have attachment.
valduk

Postby Dogla » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:10 pm

Now I get socket reading error.....so it's not even sending any email notifications anymore.
Dogla

Postby Admin_K » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:12 am

Hello!

Sorry for the inconvenience. This problem was solved in Xeoma beta-version 15.7.7. You can download it here: http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/download/

How-to-update instruction (if your license allows (was purchased less that a year ago)):

1. Download the new Xeoma version
2. Uninstall the previous Xeoma version with settings saving (launch Xeoma, go to Main Menu -> Install -> Uninstall –> Uninstall (except for archive and settings))
3. After that you can install the new version of Xeoma. This way all your settings will be saved.

>Now I get socket reading error

Please check that your mail box is not full and can receive messages. Also check that data that you have in 'Sending email' module's settings is correct.
Admin_K

Postby Dogla » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:23 am

All settings were correct. I started to receive mails again starting last night and again it was the empty notifications...85emails in 2 hours time....
Dogla

Postby Dogla » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:49 am

Installed beta version and now I'm not getting any emails. Not even test emails. I can confirm my mailboxes aren't full and working correctly.

Edit:
This is driving me insane....started getting notifications again but this time its the problems detection module....
Dogla

Postby Admin_K » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:10 pm

Did you install beta 15.7.7?

Please check your 'Sending email' module's settings. What chain of modules do you use?

Make sure that 'Sending email' module is connected straight to 'Problems detector' or 'Motion detector' module (it depends on what you need).
Admin_K

Postby Dogla » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Intalled beta but still didn't work as supposed. I removed the problem detector and put the motion detector and it works normal again.
Dogla

Postby Admin_K » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:36 am

Good day!

What chain of modules do you use? So the problem is only with 'Problems detector' module?

By the way, you can contact us via e-mail if you like: http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/contacts/
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion