What is a .XEM file and gmail server access problems...

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

What is a .XEM file and gmail server access problems...

Postby wildbill999 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:04 pm

Hello.

I am new to the program and am trying to get a little help here.

First off, my camera's archive folder are a bunch of files in a .XEM format.

EDIT: I know how to select and export from the active timeline now.
However I cannot find the built in viewer or otherwise open the XEM files.

Can they be changed to a image format like .bmp, .jpg, MP4 etc? Or is that folder not the correct one?

On the video playback timescale it is in a 24 hour format, can that be changed to the 12 hour am/pm format?

I got a error on trying to setup motion captured images to my gmail account. In the server line it just says "gmail"
I think that may be wrong however. How do I determine the right letters for that line? (Edit: I think I have the right
settings in here now but cannot test until later as my cam is out on a roof and I need to go to work now...)

Why are the green motion indicators showing tree movement on a area I have selected not to be looked at for motion?

The program looks pretty good, esp. the fullscreen aspect. The price is good.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,
Bill
wildbill999

Re: What is a .XEM file and gmail server access problems...

Postby Admin_K » Wed May 11, 2016 1:08 pm

Hello, Bill!

>First off, my camera's archive folder are a bunch of files in a .XEM format.
>EDIT: I know how to select and export from the active timeline now.
>However I cannot find the built in viewer or otherwise open the XEM files.

.xem files are created to be played via Xeoma's internal archive player. If you want to review .xem files in other players, you can use VLC, more here: http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/faq/ (6. Q: With what can I view .xem files in the archive?)

>Can they be changed to a image format like .bmp, .jpg, MP4 etc? Or is that folder not the correct one?

You can export from archive in Xeoma. Xeoma - Archive menu - Export:set interval - choose necessary format

>On the video playback timescale it is in a 24 hour format, can that be changed to the 12 hour am/pm format?

Currently, it's not available. But we added this option into Xeoma's development plan.

>Why are the green motion indicators showing tree movement on a area I have selected not to be looked at for motion?

Could you please provide additional info? Please check that you configured all parameters in 'Motion detector' correctly.

You can also contact us e.g. via email: http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/contacts/
Admin_K

Return to Xeoma - General discussion