streaking and ghosting on playback

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

streaking and ghosting on playback

Postby casey333 » Wed May 04, 2016 7:19 pm

The 2 systems I recently assembled 2 similar systems, both Intel 3GHz cpu's, 4 gig ram, Ubuntu ver 15 and 16 server software, 1Tb hdrives, Hikvision 3m 2135 ip cameras , 100Mb poe switches. When playing back recorded video whether it is a person moving across the screen or a car driving 30km/hr in our neighborhood there is significant streaking and ghosting behind the image. also moving images are not smooth, very jerky whether watching live or in playback.
casey333

Re: streaking and ghosting on playback

Postby Admin_V » Thu May 05, 2016 2:09 pm

hello!

Could you please tell me what url do you use? Does it work smooth in VLC player?
Please provide your information to our support team. Here are the contacts:
http://felenasoft.com/en/contacts/
Admin_V

Postby casey333 » Thu May 05, 2016 4:55 pm

When viewed in VLC using rtsp://ip/channel1 the video is smooth. I had used just the ip address when adding cameras to Xeoma where the motion sensing and recording worked OK. Adding a camera using the rtsp method looks smooth in a full screen windows in Xeoma but it won't record motion or show the camera in 4 camera preview. It says RTSP saving video: OK... , it also says this when trying to set the area that will detect motion, it doesn't show the live view. However if you pick continuous operation so that everything is recorded the playback is smooth. I must be missing something in the setup. Thanks for your prompt reply.
casey333

Re: streaking and ghosting on playback *solved*

Postby casey333 » Fri May 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Solved.
problem was solved by using rtsp:// url when adding a camera and then choosing lower resolution for preview and full resolution for recording after software starts communicating with camera. It would be nice if this was outlined in the manual or hinted at. I have worked in computers for 20 plus years but this area is new and the first thought is to use only the ip address to add a camera.
casey333

Postby Admin_N » Wed May 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Thanks for your suggestion, casey333 ! We are always on the lookout to make Xeoma easier and more user-friendly so we will add this information to Xeoma manual for sure. If at any point you need help, please feel free to contact us here or via email, and we'll gladly help!
Admin_N

Return to Xeoma - General discussion