Can files in XeomaArchive be moved?

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Can files in XeomaArchive be moved?

Postby jrmymllr » Fri May 20, 2016 2:38 pm

I have separate drives for the operating system and Xeoma video storage. I've noticed three files in /usr/local/Xeoma/XeomaArchive that are written to frequently, in addition to temporary files in /var/tmp. Can the location of these files be moved, say to the same location as where the archive videos are stored?
jrmymllr

Re: Can files in XeomaArchive be moved?

Postby Admin_N » Tue May 24, 2016 9:09 am

Yes, sure, you can move them by installing Xeoma to the folder you need those files to be written to, with Main Menu -> Install -> Install
Admin_N

Postby jrmymllr » Tue May 24, 2016 11:26 am

Admin_N Wrote:Yes, sure, you can move them by installing Xeoma to the folder you need those files to be written to, with Main Menu -> Install -> Install

I'm using command line so how is it done with that?

The reason I ask is I'm seeing a lot of writes to those files, which are on a small SSD. I'd prefer to have them written to a different drive, the same drive as the archive. The /usr/local/Xeoma/XeomaArchive directory contains only about 165MB, and lately have been getting about 17 days of archive based on the size of the archive drive. However, I'm seeing about 1GB/day written to the main drive, and from what I can tell it's this directory. Would this make sense? Is this much data written to these files despite their total size being much less than what is written per day?
jrmymllr

Postby Admin_N » Wed May 25, 2016 2:44 pm

I can see your point. Unfortunately, the console command line for moving these files is not added yet. For now you will have to do Installation via a client.

Please subscribe to our newsletter to get announcements and list of changes when new versions of Xeoma are released.
Admin_N

Postby Admin_N » Thu May 26, 2016 10:45 am

Here's a workaround if use of a client part is impossible or undesirable:

Step 1. Turn Xeoma server part off.
Step 2. Move all files except for the installdir.dat from Xeoma's folder to a new folder of your choice.
Step 3. In the installdir.dat file, left alone in Xeoma's fplder, change the path to a new path where we moved all the files to. Save changes.
Step 4. Turn Xeoma server part back on.

Did it help?
Admin_N

Postby jrmymllr » Thu May 26, 2016 12:33 pm

Admin_N Wrote:Here's a workaround if use of a client part is impossible or undesirable:

Step 1. Turn Xeoma server part off.
Step 2. Move all files except for the installdir.dat from Xeoma's folder to a new folder of your choice.
Step 3. In the installdir.dat file, left alone in Xeoma's fplder, change the path to a new path where we moved all the files to. Save changes.
Step 4. Turn Xeoma server part back on.

Did it help?

I actually tried something else. I wanted to keep the executable where it was, but move XeomaArchive somewhere else. I initially had that directory in a Ramdisk, and planned to periodically sync it to the drive, but that seemed risky and messy. So I simply shutdown Xeoma, moved XeomaArchive to where I wanted it, and created a symlink to it. Works great.
jrmymllr

Postby Admin_N » Fri May 27, 2016 12:36 pm

Yes, that's good as well. Thanks for sharing your workaround!
Admin_N

Return to Xeoma - General discussion