Multiple Motion Zones and their outputs

Xeoma Software

Moderators: Admin_N, Administrator, Admin_P, Admin_K

Multiple Motion Zones and their outputs

Postby soljia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:52 pm

Hey, loving the software so far. Will highly likely purchase. I was wondering if there is a good way to use multiple motion zones, have them be saved, and when being viewed later a way to tell which is what zone you're viewing. I have this set up already, but the issue I have is that using the Archive and Preview function 3 times (one for each zone) has 3 cameras show up in the client. Which works I suppose, but it would be nice to have multiple zones and only have one camera and be able to view the motion footage per zone still.

Also, is there a more modern place that customers or enthusiasts can chat and potentially support each other (as well as you?) Such as Discord, Slack, etc.
soljia

Re: Multiple Motion Zones and their outputs

Postby soljia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:54 pm

My current config
Attachments
VoigygPMXP.jpg
VoigygPMXP.jpg (46.73 KiB) Viewed 8543 times
soljia

Postby soljia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:51 pm

Also, is there are good way to record 24/7, but have motion detection as well, without duplicate footage?
soljia

Postby Admin_P » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:12 am

Hello!
The easiest way to work with multiple detection zones on a single camera is to have just one "Preview and Archive" module connected to the "Motion Detector". Then check the box "Continuous operation to enable search in the archive" in the detector's settings. This way Xeoma will record the archive 24/7 and you will be able to perform searches in the archive by highlighting the zone you need. Each time you make a search the timeline at the bottom will highlight the detected intervals.
Note that if you have multiple "Preview and Archive" modules connected to the same camera, you can still get the extra camera windows off screen by using the Layouts menu to create a page with just those camera windows you need. More on this here: [url]https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/description/#interface_layouts[/url]

>Also, is there a more modern place that customers or enthusiasts can chat and potentially support each other (as well as you?) Such as Discord, Slack, etc.
Sorry, not yet.
Admin_P

Return to Xeoma - General discussion